8.25.2010

Touchdown!

Dad's flight and luggage arrived in Rome safely!




"...Cleared customs with no hitches.  Got a cab right outside the terminal 15 euros later I was at the Marina.  I had to show the taxi how to get down the dirt road.  Not sure it will be that easy for Katie.  The boat was here just where and how we had left it.  Hurray!  They did a great job on the bottom, repainted the boot top that Katie and myself managed to get all lopsided two years ago, and replace the zincs I had asked to have done. This is the first time I have let anyone else do this kind of work on the boat and it looks good.

I walked over to the Tourist Marina got some money and had them call a cab so I could go to the main Vodophone store in town.  About 30 euros for that cab and I think I have my phone and Internet cooking again.  I'll know for sure if this e-mail gets out ok.

Got back and unpacked all my suitcases.  TSA left me a love note and had confiscated my two butane lighters still in the packages out of my checked baggage.  Strike two for them   Nothing was really broken however.  I paid my marina bill with no surprises - everything was as advertised.  I am trying to get some water on board so I can take a shower tonight.  The humidity is relatively low here compared to home but is about 90 during the day and is cooling of nicely this evening.  It is about 8:00 PM here,  the sun just set over the Tiber and I am waiting for the swarms of starving mosquitoes to rise form the sides of the river.  There is still a can of Cutters on the dresser where I let it..."

No comments: